Monday, October 7, 2013

Thread Painting Class

 
 
When I picked Terry up, this spider web was our first inspiration of great threadwork!
 
 
Let the weekend begin!!
 
Our teacher was Monika Kinner-Whalen of My Sweet Prairie Blog
 
Our first task was to paint in some color on a print of your choice..
 
 
 
It's hard to see what was there and what was added but you get the idea...
 
 
 
Some chose flowers...
 
 
and roses..
 
 
 
 
Then the real work began....
 
My 'before' chickadee...

 
And 'AFTER'...
 
 not bad if I don't say so myself!!
 
 
 
 
 One lady made her bird into a peach love bird!!

 

 
The evening was 'spent' at Shirley's Sewing Room just for us!!
 
 
 
Thank goodness she was back ordered on this quilt
or
I most definitely would have gone home with it!!

 
This Storm at Sea took a ride in my basket for awhile till I came to my senses!
 
The next day was post card class.
 
Monika showed us some of what she had gotten in the mail...

 
These salvages were, of course...talking my language!!
 
This beautiful piece came by...
 
Recognize it anyone??

 
Like maybe.... Jaynie Himsl!!

 
It needed to be guarded as it was prized by many!!
 
It was one of Monika's favorite cards ever and I am honored to know Jaynie!!
 
Our 'theme' was thankfulness...
 
 and I love Fall, the sun, my house and quilting so with pieces.....

 
I came up with this...
 
 
 
Yes...It is a little rough around the edges!!
 
 
Our next theme was crazy quilt.......
 
 
Here are some of the great pieces from some of the other ladies...
 

 
 

Fall...
 

 
Heather Piermantier's GREAT grandbaby...

 
Pumpkins and soccer balls...

 
Monika's 'find in the box' and Helen's butterflies and flowers....
(Happy 54th anniversary, Helen)

 
Shirley's card...

 
Which we all signed and was given to Monika as a class momento!!
 
Sunflowers representing all the grandchildren for one lady...
 
 

 
 Monika and our line of cards...
 

 

 
I was lucky to be drawn to pick one of Monika's postcard
 
 
 
 
It was a great time and a kick-off to SEWING season!!
 
Thanks, Monika and Shirley... we had a great time!
 
Now to make a cake for my husband...
 
It's Arnold's Birthday today!!
(love yah)
 
Christa
 
 
 

 
 



 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the pretty pictures along with your smile worthy blog. I'm impressed with all the results in the thread painting class. Ahh, so much to do and so little time.

    Among many other things, I'm thankful for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaynie!! I was so anxious to ask her if she eve got a post card from you when e beautiful red card was revealed! You always amaze me with your creativity! Thanks for reading! Glad your not bored out of your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog entry as I love making fabric postcards. Can Jaynie and I convince you to go smaller and make ATCs (2.5 X 3.5")?? Thread painting was great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! :) that was a fun weekend. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that that you can make dollars by locking special pages of your blog or site?
    All you need to do is open an account with AdWorkMedia and run their content locking widget.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...