Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Christmas Stocking for Jaxon

I purchased this book at Sew and Sews in Carlyle last week...
 
 
I have looked at it every time I go there!!
 
I needed to make a stocking for Jaxon, our first grandson....

 
The possibilities are endless with this book
 
but
 
I finally narrowed it down to a couple of ideas....
 
I started with Rudolf.....
 

 
This Sulky stabilizer is great for machine stitching applique....

 
 
I also use old downy sheets where I don't have to do so much stitching...
 

 
After stitching all the applique on, I added a little light for his nose....
 
 

 
and some jingles to the cuff.....
 
 
 
 I think it turned out pretty cute....

 

 
Now for his name.....
 
a fabric fusion pen....a little quilting foam...some free hand stitching....
 
 
and it was hung with care...


 
I decided to give a tea towel a little Christmas Spirit while I was at it....
 

 
 
How cute is this little snowman!!!

 
 
Enough play... Time to feed cows!!
 
It warmed up 3 degrees...
 
Only -28C with a SLIGHT breeze making it feel like.....Siberia!!!
 
I'll be looking like this snowman by the time I am done layering up!!
Christa
 



4 comments:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...