Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Couple of Surprises..

Surprise #1
 
 The new entrance is coming together....
 

Thank goodness for Ikea...
 

 
Piece by piece....

 
it is starting to look like a very useful closet...

 
And now....a fully functional entrance!!!


 
A couple of handles and some trim and we are set!!


Surprise #2......
 
was my Valdani Embroidery thread that came in the mail

 
It is nice to have such a quality product that is a Canadian Company

 
These snowflakes are looking very pretty
 
Surprise #3.....
 
One day while surfing Kijiji,
(I really have to stop doing that...)
 
 there was a little old singer for sale in Lethbridge....
 
I asked the man if he still had it.
 
 He said he did and gave me his name...

 
A little tingle inside of me thought I should know him
 
but
 
 I could not place it....
 
After a few emails, I realized he was one of my teachers in 1982!!!
 
Small world.....

 
This is a Singer 99-13 which is a 3/4 model of a Singer 66.


 
It's in great shape and lights up but the Bakeolite Knee control is missing....
(goes in the little hole on the bottom right hand corner)
 
So the hunt(or manufacturing) of this control is on!!
 
The serial number says it is a 1927 model with a Bentwood case...
 
 made in Maltepe Turkey
 
 
What a good week of surprises!!
 
Tomorrow is our Guild's Christmas Lunch and Exchange...
 
Mooooore surprises!!
 
Christa

2 comments:

  1. Your entrance looks beautiful! It'll be so nice to have once when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great renovation so far and lots of goodies in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...