Tuesday, December 24, 2013

In the Nick of Time...

You can't hide from it.....
 
 
Christmas is here already!!!
 
And with Winny overseeing all the gift making.....
 



I have managed to complete all the things I wanted to make without too much fretting!!
 
A couple of sets of Christmas tree napkins...
 
 
A Stitcher's wallet for Colleen...


 
This summer,
 
 Colleen came to my rescue
 
when I had a flat tire on a +35C day..... half way home...
 
300$ worth of groceries
and
 ice cream melting on top of the jack and tools....


 
My dad didn't have his phone and my husband and kids were all working...

 
So it was a matter of 'who yah going to call?'
 
Colleen!!!
 
Colleen came quickly and rescued Mom and I and we were sooo grateful!!
 
When it cooled off, I went back and changed the tire with Justin's help!!

 
Then a couple of weeks ago,
 
Colleen's husband found one of my dogs hit on the road.
 
Lorin was kind enough to deal with the situation,
 
saving me from more heartache than necessary.....

 
Colleen has been wanting to start a Bunny Hills project with embroidery
 
so
 
I thought this stitcher's wallet by Crabapple Hills Studio would be a fitting gift!

 
It was alot of fun to try to add things Colleen loved to it....
 
 like this little spoon and teapot...

 
She is ready to stitch away!!
 
Thank you to Lorin and Colleen for your help this year!!
 
I also wanted to make a few tea towels for gifts ....

 
When I cut out the Snowman Snowflake,
 
I realized I could get the reverse out of the leftovers....
 
Bonus!!
 
 
With the clock ticking on my Scrap Squad #6 quilt...
 
 
It is back from my Longarmer, Terry Whitman....


 

Quilted up beautifully as always....
 
Terry does such stunning quilting.
 
She always asks what I want on it and I give her free rein...
 
I know what ever she does will be beautiful!!

 
Bound with...of course....Susie's Magic Binding Technique

 
So easy and I love the flanged detail!!

So with the stockings are hung with care and lots of  treats made....
 
I think I am ready!!

 
Now if I can just get Dawson to vacuum and put her toys away!!
 
Hope you hear a CLICK,CLICK,CLICK on your rooftop tonight!!
 
Merry Christmas to all,
 
Christa
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I do Love my stitcher's wallet. Thank you so much. Can't wait to use it. I would pick you up any time and don't expect anything for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would!! And I really appreciate your friendship!! Thanks again for all you do for me!

      Delete
  2. Sure looks like Winny is hiding from Christmas behind that poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...