Friday, December 20, 2013

Maryann's Christmas Spirit

A couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend Maryann
 
 asked me to print off some sheets of vintage music....
 
 
Well, I should have known she was going to make some fabulous things as always!!
 
 
 
Maryann recently discovered Pinterest and has far surpassed the possibilities of creativity...
 
 
She takes simple ideas and made ornaments that are just stunning!!
 
 
 
I am not surprised...
 
as she is super talented and creative....
 
There is nothing she can't tackle and do better than the original!!
 
 
 
She gathered some of her favorite things and started to decorate her house for the season....
 
 
 
She has such an eye for design....
 
 
Taking everyday items and making them into festive displays that are awe-inspiring!!

 
Burlap stockings that are feminine and adorable....
 
(yup, she made everything you see...I mean everything!)


Her newly acquired fabric and wool stash looking way to pretty to use...

 
Isn't this cardinal quilt beautiful?
 
and a garland of 'Merry Christmas'....


 

An old day bed painted up...
 
a tomato cage stuffed with burlap and pine boughs to make a tree...
 
Sealer lids in a circle to make a vintage wreath.....

 

 
A couple of trees cut out of an old pallet......



What a beautiful backdrop with her Crabapple Hills Snowmen quilt...

 
 
Thanks for sharing, Maryann!! You are such an inspiration!!
 
 
Lucky to be your friend...
 
Christa
 
 











 
 









 


6 comments:

  1. I need Maryann to come and decorate my house. She'd need to come back in Jan. to pack it up too. This is gorgeous! We had Charlie Brown come in to do our tree. It's lovely, in a CB kind of way. I like Maryann's style much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Maryann do incredible crafting?? She is amazing but I know you have an amazing display I am sure,Jayne!!

      Delete
  2. Amazing decorations! I love decorating for the season and have boxloads of stuff, but I don't put mine together as well as Maryann has. I love her sheet music birds and I also love her cardinals in the last photo. I have a tree in my kitchen which is all birds. And, Jaynie, don't disappoint me ... I picture your house spectacularly done, perhaps with a welded tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryann definitely has great taste. She should be a designer!!

      Delete
  3. Simply incredible! She needs to open a store...decorations and quilting fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...