Monday, March 24, 2014

Some Great Finds

Like I wasn't busy enough from Minot....
 
I decided to squeeze in a pottery class yesterday with Maryann and Justin!!

 
The two of them had taken the first class without me as I was at a retreat
 
This is the berry bowl Justin made for me....
 
 
He knows I love dragonfly anything......

 
Yesterday we made birdhouses....
 
Mine is for redneck country birds

 
One person made a squirrel feeder....

 
Maryann had some pretty designs on hers....

 
Still looking alittle wet....


 
Another girl made this 'city' house...
 
Way too pretty for outside!!!


I have to say...pottery is probably not my thing.
 
Way to time consuming for the end result!!
 
So back to quilting...
 
My first find was this new ruler that makes all kinds of blocks out of your leftover strips....
 
I can't wait to play with it!!

 
I have been looking for this pattern for quite awhile now!!
 
Had to get it....
 
 
Lori and I commented to Maryann about how much we loved script fabric....

 
Maryann said WOW - you really do when you can't even read it!!
 
Can't go wrong with a little Kate Spain - Daydream....

 
This is the newest book by Missouri Star Quilt Co.
 
and
 
the best part... it was only SIX BUCKS!!!!

 
This iron is supposed to be HOT and STEAMY!!
 
I'll let you know if it's my new love in my life!!


My Paris Flea Market scraps were looking for some companions....

 
I have been on the hunt for sharp pins....these better meet the mark!!

 
I love prairie points....

 
This little gadget allows you to iron the points so they are sharp.
 
I think a dresden plate will benefit from this also!!
 
My Sweetwater mini purchase.....
 
Cherry Sprinkles!!!

 
The Show had an amazing flea market
 
which was replenished throughout the weekend.
 
This was 7$....


 
7 yards of purples for only 12 bucks!!

 
AND a bonus backing of 3m of Purple velour for 1$...
that's not a typo!!
 
Last but not least ...
 
A kit for a Reader cover for only 5$!!!

 
I don't know what to play with first!!


Christa
 





1 comment:

  1. HO-LY!!! is all I can say about your purchases!!! No money left for other trips!!! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...