Saturday, June 6, 2015

Ild aux Coudres

Otherwise known a island of St Louis...

First stop was a potter's studio....


Problem is we are limited to what we can bring back so we could only look....


It was quite a tease though....


I can say enough how beautiful Quebec is.  Everyone keeps everything so neat and tidy...


Then it was off to a papierie where they still make past every day selling to people Around the world 

I have always been drawn to the art of making paper... Not sure why... But I could work here!!!


Some of the paper was infused with lavender and other flowers making such pretty papers that smelled amazing!!!


I purchased a book to use for pictures of my quilts but it's packed so will show you when I get home




Then it was off to the ferry just down the road


Every highway is lined with houses right on the edge of the roads...


And things are all so close. We only travelled about 70 km and saw do much already...


Every home has such character...



Many of the ferries are free...


Making things so accessible...


On the island we visited a ciderie that had 25 kinds of apple trees 


And the buildings they used were hundreds of years old...

I can't get over how gorgeous all the red maples are...


2 Kmart later it was a stonewalling farm with a windmill...



 Lunch?? Not so fabulous.... A bagged bun... The choices were slim!!!


The gps had asucj trouble with French words as it did in Hawaii .... And recalculated whenever we got yo the ferry!!!


 No road through the water!!!

 Churches in every town...


I loved these chicken fans...

 
If only I had room....


The lilacs are in full bloom...


The next best thing to fabric was this little    Wool shop...

It's a textile... Right up my alley...



They knitted socks with their wool and felted squares filled with lily of the valley soap.... Had to get one!!!


Tourism is quebecs livelihood..... It's every where...,
 
They invite you in at every corner and are welcoming and willing to share their passion...


I have loved every nook and cranny of this adventure!

Only a couple days left...
Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...