Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Four Floors Of Fabulous

The flower stands on the streets of San Fransisco are so beautiful....

Such vibrant colours!!!


Kayla had a latte and I thought I'ld try a macchiato but this was nothing like a caramel macchiato at Starbucks....I hate coffee and this was 10 cups of coffee in a one ounce cup!!!

Talk about bouncing off the walls!!


It is the law in California to give up seats to seniors and disabled...after all these hills I figure I qualify for disabled so I told Justin and Michaela to be prepared to give up there seats!!!


Ghiradellli originated in San Fransisco so we had to do a stop there.  Our bus driver said there are 5 entrances...use them all....you get a free chocolate at ever one!!


We visited the Farmers Market at the Ferry building


Some of the usual things like ours 


But the oranges, pomegranates and grapes were an interesting change!!!


I had wild strawberries in Ontario as a kid all the time.  I asked why these were labeled in French? And the guy replied that it made them more exotic other wise they just looked like mini strawberries


That's pretty much what they were.  They were not nearly as great as I remember as a kid but 'wild' cultivated strawberries are still just regular strawberries!!!  They were pretty pricey at 3 bucks for half an ounce...a medicine cup worth!!!


We took the cable car back up to Union Square....


Where THE most expensive shops are located like Vera Wang...



And Jimmy Choo but nestled in between that was Britex Fabrics....


You bet it was #Fabric Love


Four floors of FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!


Everything was super organized and color coordinated in the kind of textile it was....


We took the elevator to the top floor and worked our way down..



This was the remanants!! How organized is that!!!


Britex had Alexander Henry make some cotton fabric for them with San Fran sights and their store logo on it...of course I had to get a yard of that!!!


Britex had incredible advertising and marketing signs....



As you made your way down the stairs....


Vintage patterns framed...




Notions...


Buttons...


Buckles and ribbons on the third floor...


Cottons, Rayons, polyesters on the second floor...




And the finer things like French lace, wools and silks on the main floor..


All of which I could not afford so it was a good thing I don't have THAT kind of addiction to fabric

At 229$ a yard for French lace we just got to look and feel it.  They totally encourage you to come in and mall the fabric.  I did!!


This cat and his owner were regulars.  She walks her cat all over town. Michaela had spotted it the day before on the street.  Not every day you see a cat on a leash that is not freaking out doing alligator rolls trying to get free!!


We are off to prison...not to stay...only visit the Rock aka Alcatraz tonight!!

Should be interesting....

Christa 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...