Monday, November 2, 2015

The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Start


Can you believe it is NOVEMBER 2??

Where does the time go??

I was cutting grass yesterday 
and
 realized it was November...

I promptly put the lawnmower away FOR THE WINTER!!

What the heck....
cutting grass in November in Saskatchewan?????

This is what I should be doing more off...


I have to say these 6" blocks are not for the faint of heart


A trillion little pieces in 6x6"

These take patience. 



I am using scraps from my Sedona Star Quilt


Batiks in Blues and Browns


And a side order of Western Kick....


Is there a thing called Western Batiks???


These blocks are picked randomly on the Gnome Angel Blog 


a couple each week


 But like the crazy fools we are.... 


Tracey Holzer and I are going to try to finish this 


for June when our guild plans to have a show!!!




I think I am 1/3 done the 99 blocks


I know Tracey is 33 percent done!!





Some of these stupid little blocks have taken 2 to 3 hours



C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
















I started working on the block named Tracey tonight



As I told Tracey... she is a complicated woman!!


All I can say is...

It's a darn good thing there is not a block named Christa

Hoping the snow goes north!!
Christa

Ps. if you're coffee is still warm,
 be sure to hop over to The Block Party to see Tracey's progress!!






3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Christa. Its nice to have a partner in crime in this for sure!!! My favourites are Aimee and Blossom of yours and also the fussy cutting and placement of Ann. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very patient woman to accomplish this and your're painting a lovely picture. I don't work with batiks much and have little in my stash but you have used them very effectively here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...