Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Heart to Heart

My dad had been surrounded by women all his married life!!
Tannis, Dad, Mom, Larissa and Christa
We are one lucky family.....in a lot of ways.

My dad had a motor bike accident last January in Yuma.

He broke some ribs and was badly bruised.

He had a CT scan
but
 some how it was never pointed out to him that there was a major issue.

They were heading south when the insurance company asked if Dad's heart was fixed.

That is when we discovered that he had an aneurysm 
on his aorta of his heart.

He has been a ticking time bomb for 10 months now!!

We are also so lucky to live in a country with free health care.

I can't imagine what open heart surgery would cost in United Stated.

When dad was in for 6 hours in Yuma and had the scan,

they said it was 25,000!!

Dad in Pre-op


We were blessed with how quickly this was dealt with.

On Thursday, he was at the heart surgeon
and
Monday.... he was on the operating table!

 Arnold brought mom and I some drinks while we waited in ICU.

  Thought it was pretty fitting…. 

Saddle up, Mr and Mrs, Missing you





 We waited patiently for hours. 

 We even tried the adult coloring books. 


This was moms picture…Yuma….. there will always be next year!!


Finally we got to see dad after 9 hours of waiting. 

   He was still under but doing good. 

As I held his hand, his thumb would quiver every time Mom and I talked so we knew he heard us!!

 When he finally was awake they tried to move him
  and
 his heart stopped so CPR was performed.   

 That set him back a bit but he slowly recovered.


     When we saw this pain scale in his room,

 I thought how we have been from 10 to 1 and back again.

    Emotionally for us and physically for dad.

It has been equally hard on Mom.

While hanging out at the hospital yesterday I took a pic...

Christa, Mom, Larissa

We even tried it twice but Mom's poker face says it all!!

Let's get out of here.....I think that's a 10 on the scale

I am happy to report that dad is getting stronger every day.

He should be home this week.

Dad on day 4

One week has felt like a lifetime.

  If it gives us more years with dad, it was all worth it! 

 We knew dad was on the mend when we gave him a tooth brush.
   
 He didn't want that one.....he wanted his ELECTRIC one. 

 It does a better job…..he’s back!! 

 Love you dad!  

 Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...