Thursday, February 15, 2018

Still on Black and White

After working on my zebra and friend,

 Stripes and Chirp


I started to see what other critters might look good in black and white

How about angel fish?



I tried to make them 'individuals'...


 No two  fish alike...


I used the white on black as the top 
and
black on white as the bodies

BUT....

That's where I have stalled...

Should these fish be 'swimming' in water...


or styling on white with some quilting as the feature behind them??


What do you think??

I am stuck...

Christa 





6 comments:

  1. I like them in the water. A batiky home seems just right for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the higher contrast with white background. Or if you want to keep a watery color for background try a very pale aqua so you still have high contrast. Hope you'll find what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea, too! I hadn’t thought of that!

      Delete
  3. Love the contrast of the fish on white. Might be fun to quilt with a bright coloured thread. The ocean was noisy this morning but we couldn’t see far because of the fog and mist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of some cooked threads in the background! Thanks for the inspiration! I think I can move ahead now!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...