Friday, March 16, 2018

Itty Bitty Feathered Star


Sounds like it's the start of a show tune...

but
 it's actually just a tiny paper pieced star


I purchased these LITTLE patterns in Houston in 2016.

Thought I would give one a try...


Itty is definitely the right word!!


I started out thinking I would do all the stars in the pattern 
but
scaled back to....

Let's see if I will go crazy doing ONE!!


It took about 2 hours to piece this little sucker!!


It turned out adorable
 but
 I think I will need a bit of time before tackling the rest of the package!!


It finished at 6".....

There are over 400 pieces in this little gem!!
Christa

9 comments:

  1. That is Very itty bitty! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a reason that pattern is sitting in my basket unused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too!! I finally forced myself to try it! Was worth the effort I think...now to attack the other 5!!

      Delete
  3. Great job! How do you hold onto those pieces to sew them? 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you probably know...pp is a bit of a waste of fabric but start with larger pieces!!

      Delete
  4. Using a foundation to piece this makes you only slightly less crazy. Mostly you're still crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...