Monday, April 2, 2018

How to Build A Log Cabin.....

.....Quilt that is!!

You take one door prize of fabric from a friend...

Thank you to Pineapple Fabrics for this door prize from Minot!!


Use the ruler and book from Marti Mitchell
 that
 you have owned for 1 1/2 years now....


And start chopping this wood up.....


I wanted to use all the fabric from this grouping.

I used the yardage  to make the log cabins...


The charm squares for the offset flying geese...


I added random browns from my stash
 to
 make 2 REALLY large Log cabin blocks


Which I cut in half for each corner....

There was no pattern...

just building as I went...


Trying new techniques.....

That included when it came to the quilting...

I recently watched some videos by Angela Walter
and
 how to use her rulers by Creative Grids

This is Slim....


and Archie!!


Keep in mind I do not have the right foot for using these...YET!

But I used them as a guide line for now...


Tried some pebbling...


Templates...


Stippling...


You name it....


I tried it all as this is the only way a person learns....


I am definitely in Kindergarten!!

D- ....there is always room for improvement...

Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...