Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Block Party Goes On A Picnic

Ok...I lied...

This was no picnic...


Our 'president' of the guild knows how to throw a tea party!!

There was compote, muffins and bread pudding served in the garden!!

Colleen's granddaughters Olivia, Emily and Anna served us like royalty.

Thanks so much,girls!!

It was so much fun!

Next.... 

We had some show and tell...

We started the show off with a bang...

Colleen...

otherwise known as Grand- ma -ma for the morning

(because Your Majesty was much too pretentious!)

Her rendition of Elizabeth Hartmans Feathers is spectacular!!

and her dachshund was just as fabulous... 


Lori has been super productive this summer also
as
her husband is recouping from hip surgery
 so
 they haven't been out and about as much!

This was a challenge quilt with the Estevan girls



In purple....


and Autumn colors

Lori finished her Country Chic by Sew Kind of Wonderful

Terry quilted this beautifully!!

I may need to do it a second time just to have it quilted like this!!



This was Lori's first quilt with Kona Cottons....


Lori's Gypsy Wife....


She said this was a big challenge but loved every minute of it!!


Must be a reason why there are so many support groups for this quilt online!!

Jane also has been sewing up a storm....

'Carousel Horse'


Hunter Star


Charlene always cracks us up!!

This is her Magic Tiles

 

She definitely worked some magic as she has worked out all the angles!!

It still turned out beautifully!!

The rest of us just showed plans of our intentions one of these days

Theresa has chosen some fabulous colors for this bargello


I loved these quick table runner projects..... 


out of one of the books passed around


It was a fun day and I think we all missed each other!!

We laughed for 5 hours!!

Thanks again, Grandmama!!

~INSERT HERE~

(bow..curtsy...rolling of the hands)

Thank you so much,

Christa and the Block Party

PS.S.S.S.S

In case you haven't heard...



Angela Denys And Taja Rooks
of
'ADD A METRE'
 will be at Estevan Farmers Market
 with
 their new Quilting trailer full of Quilting Treasures!!
on
Saturday, July 28th, 2018.

Hope to see you all there!!

3 comments:

  1. It was a fun morning and I enjoyed hosting as I had lots of help (Emily my other granddaughter also helped). Lorin asked if it was worth the work and I said of course as we had a great time with lots of laughs!!!!!! Thanks everyone for coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added Emily in! I didn't realize the full crew behind the scenes!! Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. I especially love seeing Lori's Gypsy Wife as the pattern and a stack of fabrics are sitting in a corner of my sewing room. As soon as I finish two little art pieces, three gift quilts, and a piece for Weyburn's "ARTicles: Wearable Art Exhibition" I'm tacking it! It's good to know there are support groups.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...