Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mean Machine

People often ask me how I get so much sewing done.

Do I sit and sew all day??

Are there an extra 10 hours in a day where I live?

Nope.

I have a job....or ten.

I do most of the cattle and farming.

I sew windsocks for the oilfield.

One of my best kept secrets....

My industrial sewing machine by Reliable!!





This puppy sews 5000 stitches a minute!!

It pulls the fabric is SOOO straight you hardly have to guide it.

It sits in an oil bath...

so you know that's an engine!!




It is a workhorse!!

It only does straight stitch but that's what MOST of quilting is.





I have a 'couple' other machines for the fancy stuff..
(couple is a loose term 'for more than I need')





With a foot pedal like this.....


You know that's where the term 'pedal to the metal' might have come from!!

I love the knee lift also. 

Lots of days,

 I go to my sewing room at 6:30am and spend an hour.

It's my therapy.

I am a very, very sick person.

I need all the doctoring I can get.

I feel a fever coming on...

Christa 



1 comment:

  1. Like you, I need sewing in my day every day even if it's just 15 minutes. I believe half of what you say. I believe you have a machine that sews fast. However, we Weyburn quilters have long known that you Torquay quilters live in a time warp where you do have 10 extra hours in your day. Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...