Friday, January 25, 2019

Sapphire Celebrations for International Quilt Festival

In 2016,
 I attended a luncheon at Houston international Quilt Festival.

The guest speaker was Karen Nyberg.

She was the astronaut who quilted in space. 

The tables were covered in fabric for table cloths 
And 
The napkins were 10” layer cake pieces. 

I was the lucky winner of the table cloth and napkins.

You can read about it HERE

I have been trying to think of what special projects should make with them. 


This line of fabrics were Blue Barn by Laundry Basket Quilts

Aka...Edyta Star!  

This year at at luncheon in Houston they mentioned they were looking for blue and white quilts 
To 
Help commemorate their Sapphire year of Festival.

I knew right there and then....

What I was going to to do with my special stash!!


I love cathedral window blocks....

And 

Offset flying geese....

Terry Whitman made this quilt sing! 

Her custom longarming skills are stellar. 

Other quilters see her work and ask me what kind of computerized machine she has. 

This work is all her own creation.  

She can always bring a quilt to life!


I decided to enter it for the Sapphire Celebration! 



If it is chosen...fabulous! 

If not,
 I have a beautiful memory quilt 
with a great story
of 
time spent with friends at a fun luncheon! 

‘Blue Birds Amongst the Stars’

I will let you know either way! 

Christa 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...