Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Acapulco

This little piggie came a-cruising....


The Lori Holt Quiltalong for Farm Sweet Farm started while I was gone.


Thought I would try to keep up!!

But I was pretty distracted so he didn't get too far!!





In Acapulco, 

we hired a driver to see the list of sights we had compiled


First stop was to see the cliff divers


These guys are crazy..

They are also pensioned at around 26 years old 
and
are paid for the rest of their lives!!


In case you can't spot them...


Can't see them???



We toured some of the very old hotels.



These were favorite places of movies stars long gone



I am sure they were state of the art in their day!!


They were once the best views of the city


The Flamingo Hotel was pink everywhere...



John Wayne, Johnny Weissmuller(who played Tarzan), Cary Grant, Errol Flynn 
were
 just some of the stars who graced this hotel






The waters were so blue...







We carried on to the other side of the city.


There was a cross on the top of the mountain


Capilla De La Paz is a non denominational church 1200' above sea level


It could be seen from the ship....


Can you see the little guy painting this cross??


That gives you an idea of the scale of this cross!!


Arnold gave his shot at a spot on the pulpit...



It was quite the steep climb up to the top!!


Then we asked to see his market that he buys food...


He offered to let us out but we just wanted a drive by tour...


There was far too many army and police around.

That made us uneasy. 

He kept saying very safe place...you come back one day!!


Nope.... 
he paid off people at every gate and parking spot.

At this church he told us he will see if he could find a cop he knew to allow us to park...


we jumped out....


had a quick look...


and headed right back to the van



This was the closest pic I dared to take of the army,

 just hanging around playing on their phone


My friends back home were quick to let me know the temperature at home

I was quick to send them back the closest thing to a snow man in Mexico!!


I wanted a beach day at this spot but there was NO ONE on the beaches.

I think that was a sign!!
We all said Good Bye, Acapulco...we will never be back!!

Justin let me know AFTER the stop that Acapulco is the Murder capital of Mexico

Thanks.....
Not sure we would have gotten off!!

Christa

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...