Saturday, June 29, 2019

Triaxial Weaving

With haying season nearly in full swing...

My time is limited for fun stuff like sewing. 

I recently watch a video on Youtube with Mister Domestic
on 
weaving fabrics.

You can watch the basic weaving here....


I really wanted to try the Triaxial weaving 



  butwith ribbon instead of strips of fabric.
(remember...my time is limited...)

I drew out my grid...


Laid down some fusible interfacing with the rough side up...


Started to add my first color...


OF COURSE, IT'S IN BLUES!!!


My second colour....


Coming together...


And Voila!!

I had tumbling blocks!!


BUT.....

When I went to fuse it to the interfacing 

it tried to melt!!


So I just stitched around it and then lightly pressed on the backside.
I think this will be a cute pouch!!

Now....

Let's see if I can do the kalidescope weave!!




Give it a try!!

Christa 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...