Thursday, July 18, 2019

Three for Three...Who Knew!!

Last November, 


I picked up the challenge fabric for Cherry wood Challenge 2019.



When I picked up this roll at International Quilt Festival,

All I could think of was 'What the Heck?!!?!?!'

Can I do this three times in a row???

My response....NO!!

These are not colours I ever would be drawn to, that's for sure!!

I had entered Cherrywood Challenge 2017 - Van Gogh


Blue.... How could I go wrong?

My piece made it in the book and traveled the world!!



2018 was purple and the theme was Prince the Singer


My Prince is still travelling the world!!


Purple...Love it!!

So when it was Bob Ross....

I figure this is where the train ride ended!!


I did a bunch of surfing the net.

I had no idea where I was going to go with this.

Then I saw a picture on Pinterest of a T shirt with Bob Ross on it. 

The site was Teelocity.com



I figured I would give this one a try. 

The colors were pretty psychedelic 

but 

would probably work with this bundle!

It's the farthest thing from perfect.....


I decided to add some trees and water around 'Bob' since that was his passion!

My mom is a painter so I remember well all his 'happy little trees'....



There was no white and you could not add other fabrics,

so

 I thread painted his teeth.

I wanted the letters to look brush stroked so I did them as well.


I sent in my submission.....

along with 407 other eager/crazy quilters


I made the cut with 200 other finalists!!


Nine Quilters were from Canada.

August 1, 2019 ...they announce the top place winners 
and
arrange in groups for the quilts to tour!!

I will keep you posted!

What the Heck!!!

Christa





1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...