Saturday, October 12, 2019

Where Have I Been??

I am not sure where all the weeks went to....

Well... actually I do...

We went like crazy fools to get Justin's first crop off.

The weather has been nothing but rain for weeks now. 

We saw a window of two days

and 

we went hard with some friends help for extra man power!!




Thank goodness we did.

It's in the bin...

DRY and NOT SPROUTED!!

Can't thank our friends enough for lending a hand!


Two pastures of cows are home.

One more pasture to go.


So in between those events I have tried to sneak in some longarming!!

Nothing fabulous



 but I am loving that I am getting some quilts done


They did not warrant a professional job 
and
I have no guilt playing around on them!



I can see that getting to binding these is going to be my next problem!!


Do they make a machine for that???

I have been doodling on paper in the evenings...


Hoping it will translate on fabric when I attack each quilt!



This one is called Winter Joy by Border Creek Station. 


I could not give this quilt to a Long armer 
as
 I did not know there was a correction in the pattern.


So it's pretty wonky since I just MADE it work.

The background is Tim Holtz fabric which is like silky cotton.



I used a flannel on the back
 and
 the lightest loft Quilter's Dream poly to keep it lighter.


The last few days have definitely been cozy quilt weather!

Happy Turkey Day to Canada!!

Eat turkey and have fun with friends and family!!

gobble...gobble

Christa 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...