Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Calving Season or Quarantine

That is the question...

Life for us around here has not changed much

in this pandemic time


When calving season starts, we don' leave home much anyways!


We spend most of the time watching cows...


AND

QUILTING!!

This is my version of Border Creek Station's 2018
Stash Buster quilt


FINALLY getting bound!


Which is Lucy favorite thing to do!


Speaking of cats...

This picture was a class in Houston.

I wanted to do it so bad
 but
 the class filled in  blink of an eye!

I can't find the original maker's name.

Possibly Jane Haworth?

If any one knows, 

please inform me as I would love to give credit for the inspiration!


I have had this in my 'to do' list for some time
but 
HOW can I do it.... was my dilemma

I started by making a grey scale copy....

I knew I didn't have the color options to do this justice as in the original.


I wanted it to be around 16" x 20"

I cut out my black background 
and
began hacking up my 'fur' fabric.


I was ready to chuck it at this stage 
as
 I couldn't see the forest for the trees...

I walked away for a few days...

Then I started to pick away at it a little each day.


Before you know it,

I had crossed the bridge and was loving what I was seeing.


It was all in the eyes.




Sometime, I impress myself!
Stay healthy and safe!

Christa




7 comments:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...