Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Surviving Easter

I hope everyone was able
 to
 have a decent Easter 
despite
 it was socially distanced.

Ours was pretty quiet.

I have to say...
Lindt really let me down.

I LOOOOVE hollow easter bunnies.


The ears are always the first and best bite.

But this bunny was crumbly and hard.

He is still sitting on the counter in this condition.

His date was still good.

I know... 

First world problems in a pandemic world.....

Moving on!!

The weather has been Spring like every other day.

Timber was soaking up the rays the other day!


Grain has been moving....


Getting ready for seeding

One thing we are missing is the regular farm auction season.

They will all be online this time.

We were able to socially distance check out some equipment 
at
a local sale coming up.

It always impresses me with the ingenuity of farmers.

This old truck had some new age upgrades


Got to love this 'Captain's Seat'


I told the farmer the only thing
that
 I see missing is a seat belt!!


Lots of room for critters as I have 4 dogs!!
LOL
And look at this great use of a bolt for a thumb press!


Great use of local materials!

My latest project 
is 
Aztec Sky
by
Taralee Quiltery



Using Robert Kaufman hand painted batik
called
JEWEL


I have fussy cut this 
to
 place the gradation of color




I am doubling the size of this quilt. 


This one is going to be for my bed!


Hope everyone if still safe and healthy!

Here is a little giggle for you


Still makes me laugh!!
Christa 







1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric you chose for Aztec Sky! I used this line of fabric (or something similar) for a Hunter's Star quilt paired with black Kona cotton. I just found your blog and am truly enjoying your posts! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...