Thursday, October 8, 2020

Brilliant Quilt by Taralee Quiltery

This spring I made this quilt called Aztec Skies
By
Taralee Quiltery


She is a pattern writer from Manitoba 

When she was looking for some pattern testers a few weeks ago, 
I thought I would give her a hand! 

This pattern is called Brilliant
And
Is fat quarter friendly 


I have a stack of Eclectic Elements by Tim Holtz

So I split them into pairs and got started




I wasn’t sure if it was going to go where I had hoped


But I kept plugging along...,



When finished putting all the blocks together, 
I loved it! 


I have had a busy summer as it was 3 months 
Since 
I had a quilt on my long arm! 


I used one of my new backings as the back ground fabric


Muted and mottled 

I saw a technique where you sew the binding 
On
With your long arm. 
I think I’ll give it another try! 


The Autumn Colors are perfect with this quilt! 


I backed it with a leaf print flannel 
And
Batting was luscious Quilter’s Dream orient 

This is going to be a pretty sweet quilt to use this winter! 

Have a look at Taralee Quiltery some time! 

Some very good Canadian patterns! 

Christa 

2 comments:

  1. As usual, gorgeous!!!! I will be looking in her site too. I don’t get much done but love looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get plenty of BEAUTIFUL things done! Thank you Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...