Monday, October 19, 2020

Gone Camping

How I wish....

We sure enjoyed our new Fifth wheel.

We have never camped before so that was a learning curve with every venture!

We camped 18 days between all our farming!

When I saw this quilt this summer,


I knew I was probably going to make it!

It whipped up pretty fast! 

The pattern
 is
 Travel Canada by Coachhouse Designs

I used fabrics from my stash 
but
I wanted some plaid for the last border!

I found this selection at Cindy-rella's quilt shop


I decided to go with this one as the border


I will bind it in a red plaid!

It is half quilted...


It's always a learning lesson when attacking the quilting part.

I love free motion but am trying to do more ruler work, too.


I have had my 'new to me' longarm machine for almost a year now.

This is the 23rd quilt on the frame.

I didn't realize I had not used it since July 3....

Too much camping I guess!


I aim to finish this later this week!

It always amazed me how a quilt comes to life with a little quilting!

Stay tuned...

Christa



 

3 comments:

  1. Having competing hobbies makes for difficult decisions on how to spend our time but if you use that lovely quilt in your camper, you'll always be reminded of your other love. Or vice versa, I guess, if the quilt finds a home at the farm. Actually, with your busy life, I'm amazed how you find the time, period. Love the quilt and might make that for my husband to say thank you for supporting my desire to get an RV of some kind next season. If you ever decide to bring along your sewing machine in the 5th wheel, I recommend the resin folding table, about 4 feet long, with telescoping legs, high enough for cutting or just right for the sewing machine. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Colleen! I have a great place to see in the new RV. It was a deboning factor and first thing packed in the rig was my featherweight! I hope you get the rig if your dreams also! We are so looking forward to travelling when things open up again! Till then .. I will keep on sewing ! Stay safe! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...