Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Trendtex Star Gazing Challenge


Seems like for ever since I made this Challenge piece for Trendtex.

I guess it was nearly a year ago...

Thank you for every one who voted! 

You made this one a winner!!


Star Gazing won Viewer's Choice 
at
Canadian Quilt Association!

On the homefront...

Still Busy!!

Last week, at 2am my mom called.

That gave me a heart attack.

I am happy to report all was fine in our family
but
one of the elevators in Torquay,Sk did not fair so well!



Mom called to say she could see something on fire south of their farm.


With some investigating,


 it was discovered that the elevator was on fire!

Good news is the town was safe and no one was hurt.

The two elevators use to be like our town's twin towers.

Now it's just a heap of smoldering grain left.


Now there is only one....


We finally tackled a project that has been needing to be addressed for so long!

This old CEMENT tub needed to go.

The drain was starting to look comprised.



We are not as young as we used to be so this was a job for the sledge hammer
as
we could only pick up small pieces of this beast!


We were going to try to pick it up in thirds 
but 
that was not an option!


We are definitely not construction people
but
we got the job done!


Thank you again for all who voted for my entry!

It was much appreciated!

Christa



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...