Saturday, March 13, 2021

HER-Story

I have been helping Arnold's Aunt and Cousin organize a sewing room lately

I know...

I have no business helping some one else.... 

I should be addressing my own 'space'

That's an other day....

It has been fun

 to 

see fabrics and finds through Arnold's cousin's eyes 

as

she finds bits and pieces through virgin eyes.


A lot of ....why?? What is it?? What do I do with it?

Lots of Keep, Toss and Recycle.

We should have taken before and afters.

This is the grandma's machine that was turned from treadle to power way back when!!

 


We are going to see if we can shine her up 

and

 take her for a spin!


The Featherweight Shop has almost any thing a girl needs to bring a Singer to life!



They also found old embroidered linens



 and dresser scarves



Even two pillowcases ready to be embroidered!

I can't believe these were never stitched out?!?!

The Master 


And The Slave


WOW.....

We didn't chuck them because that is HISTORY.

How far have we come?

We as women even get to vote now!!

The corner square of this vintage fabric was found first.....

Then the vintage dress and later the clutch.


Arnold's Aunt said her mom had recovered the clutch to match the dress made for her.

We also got a peak at baptism gowns for her from 1945


She was twin so there were two and each came with a veil


The workmanship on this wool skirt was also incredible!


I love history or should I say...

HER-story

Christa 





2 comments:

  1. I know why those two pillowcases weren't stitched out.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those embroidered pieces are so wonderful. I have a few sets of pillowcases that an aunt embroidered and then crocheted the edges that we received for our wedding almost 40 years ago. I’ve been collecting embroideries until I have enough to make a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...