Thursday, September 9, 2021

Another Season has Passed

What I wouldn't do for a three day rain.....


Things are ridiculously dry and the dugouts are darn near empty.

Let's hope for some snow this winter!!

I can't believe we are already into September.

I was blessed to get a week at the Artisan Cabins
 At
 Kenosee Lake,Saskatchewan again this year.




Such a fabulous place to be creative!


So many great conversations with people from all over.

Lunches with the resident artists, 
Shirley Rumble, Ken Frederickson and Margaret Delainey


Chylisse Marchand was an artist this year. 

I just loved her work
 and
 suggested she contact some fabric companies to get her works made into fabrics


I would buy these in fabric!


Absolutely beautiful!


Of course.... browns and blues!!


I didn't get many quilts done this year 
as 
I think every one was just so glad to have a chance to socialize again!

This one is a pattern by Tannis Fahlman of Regina 
called 
Jelly Roll Jazz.


Takes one roll of print and one of solid for background!

Great pattern!


I sold a few pieces at the cabin this year.

My favorite sale was my mini wallet to Darlene SteMarie


Her mom is Shirley Rumble. 

Arnold and Shirley love to play crib at the cabins.

I told her it was a pity purchase 
as
 she was so glad to see her mom playing cards and laughing again.


Shirley has cancer and has had a real battle with it. 


She recently told me that when you have reached the end of your rope,
to tie a knot and hang on.
She said her rope is getting frayed and the know is coming undone.

She is such a trooper. 

She has been a valuable member of the Artisan Colony for sure. 

Her husband, Bud took me 'antique' ing this summer
where 
we found this little baby!!

It was in mint condition!


Thanks for the fun, Bud and Shirley!

We really enjoy our time at the cabins.

Last weekend was the final day.

Great memories with good friends.

Winter is a coming.....

Christa












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...