Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Forest Fables by Esther Fallon Lau for Figo

Haven't the skies been incredible lately?


I can't believe the weather we have had either. 

Sure makes the winter a lot shorter...

But so does going to Arizona for a few months!! lol

I recently made a quilt using this wideback
 by
 Westrade called Moonscapes

I used it as background for the front 
as
a wide back(108"x108") will yield 9 yards of fabric!



You might this it is too mottled 
but
 it really adds an interesting element to it. 

I used Eclectic Elements by Tim Holts 


The pattern is called Brilliant by Taralee Quiltery in Manitoba.

It was a pattern I tested for her last year. 


You can find that pattern HERE


My next project with that backing was this one!


I am loving this new line of fabric
 
called

 Forest Fables by Esther Fallon Lau for FIGO Fabrics.


I love the tweedy look of the prints 


AND


you guessed it....



It's BLUES AND BROWNS!







My aunt was working on a quilt called the Framed Inverted Star Quilt.

That free pattern can be found HERE

I thought the combination of this wideback 



and

 this FQ bundle would be perfect together! 






I also really enjoyed using my new Blocloc Rulers 

for
 
squaring up my HST's


I have sold them for awhile now but never got myself a set. 


So many new quilters were purchasing them, 

I decided I deserved a set! 


They were right!

Made quick work of that task! 

I quilted it myself. 


Nothing crazy....


I put a scrappy piano key border on the outside to just shake it up a bit! 


This was a fun quilt to make! 

Love how it turned out!

You can find these fabrics and rulers 
 on
 my website if you would like some for yourself! 

www.secondstoryquilting.ca

Thanks for reading! 

Christa






























 

1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful. I have always been a blues person but I am old school so these new faded look blues and browns are new to me. (I'm 70 and set in my ways). But seeing your blues and browns together is changing my mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...