Thursday, September 20, 2012

Alberta Bound...Saskatchewan Home

Ahhhhh....Home!

As my previous post noted- we had a flat!

But

A tire was had and we made it back!!
It is always good to go because it sure makes home feel great!

As I unpack this morning, I was checking out the great postcards

....aka.... fabric...

that I purchased on our adventures.

We spent the day in Beaverlodge, Alberta.

Spent the day here....


Looks pretty low key...

but then

 there was an explosion of color!!

We saw these..


and these....


and these....


It just kept going on and on!!



It was an incredible display of finished quilts.


This one was appliques and then beaded to take it up another notch!


Each month they have a local feature quilter who fills the walls in their classroom.

Maria McNair was 'Quilter of the Month' for September.

The next two photos are some of hers.






Love the Storm at Sea effect of this one



There was something for every taste.


Amazing batiks!


My pictures do not give justice to the stitching !


We stopped for lunch at Soups in Beaverlodge.

It is all homemade and was delicious!


Back in the City of Grande Prairie, we stopped at Cotton Candy Quilt Store.



Also an amazing store!


Lots of great samples and selection.



Even a rendition of Winter Wonderland but in blue!

Made me want to go home and get started on my red blocks.

Soon.... retreat is coming!!


I was glad to finally get my hands of some Vintage Modern and couldn't resist some Merry Medley.

It think  Merry Medley will look great as my Chip by Miss Rosie.



And who knew?

Stonehenge now makes a line called Oh Canada so I had to have some of that!!

Finally the right reds and maple leaves!


I have to give great admiration to Grande Praire Fabricland.

It was so bright, clean and well organized.  I had to go there twice as it was so amazing.

Thanks to Aunty Mary, Ellen, and Colette for all the touring while in Grande Prairie.

It was alot of fun!!

Christa 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. They are lovely quilt shops. I love all the samples they have. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...