Sunday, March 4, 2012

Miranda Bag by Lazy Girl ....in Poppies






I have been eyeing up the Miranda bag pattern for about two months now but have been burned by patterns in the past with instructions that SUCK!! But I took a chance and have to say that this time I was pleasantly surprised. So with the poppies fabric I purchased from Sew and Sews in Carlyle last week, I got down to business yesterday!

Quilting on the bottom band

With some inspiration from The green fairy quilt blog I used this pattern on the bottom band and just followed the outlines of the poppies on the top. Sorry but this picture REFUSES to enter properly! 


Lots of pockets inside!


And voila!! A bag without handles!! Actually I am going to change up the pattern(I know... shocking!) and put in a zipper when Justin brings home handles from Regina later today. I think I will do this pattern again- as my sister has put her order in for one!

I just want to thank all of those who took the time to check out my blog and our group blog, The Block Party Quilt Guild by Tracey Holzer. She is doing a great job and I hope that we are able to keep you entertained while you cruise through our blogs!!

Thanks for looking!!



1 comment:

  1. i LOVE it!!! Such a creative pattern! Love those pockets inside! I'm actually going to make myself a little purse tonight (okay, hopefully it will be big! LOL!!). And congrats on your wonderful blogging! I will be coming back for more and more!! hugs!
    sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...