Thursday, May 24, 2012

We're Not in Kansas Anymore....


On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, my son and I were quickly unload the truck as a storm was coming in quickly, when I noticed a twister(starting to sound like a storm chaser) just south of our farm. 

We hurried and got inside.

Justin brushed it off but then we heard  about it later on the news.

 Here is a video of the tornado taken on the North Dakota side by some storm chasers.

This is the second time in my life witnessing a tornado that close.

It is so surreal you can't believe your eyes.

This is a picture of a storm over my house last August.

I was working in the field when my old dog came out and wanted me to go home.

 She was relentless and kept going in front of the tractor so I headed home and this is what I saw as I came down my lane!!

She knew!!

I hope this is not a sign of the summer we will be having!!

I have decided that my next project is going to be a redwork piece.



I did consider doing this one is another color but why mess with a good thing!!
My girlfriend, Maryann is doing this and I have admired it for sometime.



So I am starting with the candy cane clothesline.



I traced it on my white with an extremely fine red marker and a used fusible muslin on the back of my piece.
The girls at Out of Hand Needle Arts in Calgary suggested it to me.
 I used this for my 'Garden Growing' piece and really like the weight and feel of it. It is still light and airy but has some structure to it.
I think it also helps to hide the stitching on the back from showing through so much.


This is where I am so far.

With no more tornado sightings maybe I can complete this in time for Christmas!!


Looking for SUNNY skies...

Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...