Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Farmer's wife ... The Quilt

I started this project January,2011.


I used the scraps from my Pumkins and Spice by Red Rooster quilt.



I have had it ready for my longarmer for some time

BUT

 there was a hold up.

This little selvage edge.


I LOVE selvage...

to me, it is the 'history' part of fabric.

So in all my quilts, I leave a piece of history.

So it was suggested to remove it.

I really contemplating it but I put it in because it is 'ME'.

So...

after I made my decision...it's staying in....

I finally quilted it this week.





Now...

DO NOT mistaken ANY of this poorly stitched quilt as Terry Whitman's handy work.

 

I REPEAT....

she had no involvement...

AND

 will probably scold me for not letting her 

put her AMAZING talent on it.



But I felt I only learn by doing......


 So I did on my sewing machine!!

And someone else got alot more enjoyment from binding this one than I did!


Namely.... Duracell!!


Tried and tested by Inspector Duracell again.


On the corral front,


there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

This thing is going to hold elephants!!







2 comments:

  1. Tannis Such - aka your fabulous sister!September 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM

    Love your individual style - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...