Friday, August 30, 2013

A Day of Surprises

The heat is on..... in MANY ways!!
 
Not only has the weather been unbearable hot but harvest is also in full swing!
 
Heat and Harvest do go well together!
 

 
I was about to work on my combine in the field when I SCREAMED upon this HUGE spider!

 
I must admit...yup....I killed him!
 
My research this morning says he WAS a tunnel spider.
 
 I wasn't about to take a chance on getting bitten!
 
I had another little...and much better surprise in the shop
 
This sewing machine cabinet was dropped off in my shop.
 
 
and inside was....

 
this little Singer Machine!!
 


 
The serial number dates it to 1954.
 
This little box was also with it.

 
It holds all the pieces for the machine.
 

 
It opens up completely flat....


 
They just don't make things like this any more!!

 

 
And in box number 2 was this.....
 

Again... where is the style and character of things we make these days?
 
None the less, thank you for the gifts.... I will treasure them!
 
(I think I am becoming a collector...or is that 'hoarder'?)
 
Stay cool!!
 
Christa
 
 ps.
 Hop on over to Quiltmaker for Scrap Squad Friday
 
 
 
 
 


 

3 comments:

  1. I have one of each of those machines. My Singer belonged to my mother-in-law and I never had the opportunity to meet her. She passed this life 40 years ago.
    My Kenmore is 30 years old. That machine is a workhorse and I still love it and use it.
    Sorry about the spider, I would have killed it too! Glad harvest is going well. Nothing harvested here yet, corn is looking good this year, soybeans I think will be so so, depending on when you got them planted. We have had so much rain this year and NOW we are having very hot and humid. Farmer's Almanac calls for a bitter cold winter for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I'd scream too, I hate spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen or even heard of a tunnel spider. I'd have done away with it too!
    I liked your day of surprises better than our day, Friday, when grandson Carter surprised us by tipping the ride on mower in the ditch. After a trip by ambulance to Regina and a night at Regina General to take care of the incision and broken bones in his right arm, he is back at home in Lampman. Accidents happen and we are so thankful that his injuries weren't any worse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...