Sunday, September 22, 2013

Homespun in Carlyle,Saskatchewan

 
With most of the siding complete....
 
(Every box of siding contains a surprise inside...this one is black AND white)
 
 
 
The lights all hung inside....
 
 
and out...

 
We took a break and headed to Carlyle, Sk to take in Homespun Craft and Quilt Show.
 
This is a juried show and always proves to be interesting.
 
There are great tasty snacks...
 
 
Yes..
 
These have already been taste tested for family approval!!

 
 
There was amazing metal work....
 
 
 
Not sure if it was the red, the dragonfly or the black rock
 
 but
 
 I thought the garage deserved a house warming gift.
 
This hat..... 

 
 and set of mitts really made us laugh....
 
 
as my dad has trapped many skunks this summer.
 
Who knew he could have had a market for his 'wares'??
 
We seriously considered it for a Christmas gift for him
 
BUT
 
it's a little too warm for Arizona!!
 
At the Quilt show, I was very good.....
 
 
I only purchased one FQ.
 
 Who could resist such a beautiful piece?
 
So it's back to the grindstone today!
 
Got to hurry...winter is a...coming!!!
 
Christa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The was no dilly dallying....we were on a mission and I forgot to take pics of the quilts!

      Delete
  2. Ewwww, I love the skunk wear! Place is looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...