Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Baby, It's cold outside!!

I have to say this 'polar vortex' puts a whole new spin on COLD...
 
More like frigid at -30C for a high!!
 
But who's complaining...
 
I have been busy in my sewing room starting with The Hoffman Challenge 2014
 
I wanted to make something last year but ran out of time!
 
This is the fabric that must be in what ever you make for 2014
 
 
 
With some coordinating fabric, I am trying all kinds of possibilities...
 
 
Starting with some 60 Degree Diamonds....

 
I am not a big 'pink' person...

 
 But I am liking where this is going so far...


 
So many combinations....

 
 
Now to pick my favorites....

 
and run with it!!

 
I also managed to get this UFO finished...
 
It was my nickle quilt from 6(?) years ago at guild...

 
Nothing fabulous...just FINISHED!!
 
I purchased this little embroidery kit on one of our Glendive,MT excursions...


 
and have the embroidery stitched.....

 

But will leave the blocks for Retreat in February....

 
Last but not least....
 
This flannel quilt for a friend's son who is getting married on February 1,2014

 
Nothing like a little cabin fever to get things going!
Stay warm,
 
Christa
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!! See, all this cold weather is good for something, heh???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...