Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wednesday Girls Retreat

 
 
Terry and I were honored to be invited to
 
 
  the Wednesday Girls' Retreat in Estevan, Sk this weekend
 
They are a fun group of quilters!!
 
Irene Roy's Crazy Quilt as You Go....

 
Irene is 87 years young and a wealth of quilting knowledge.
 
Her work is always incredible!!
 
Marg's Sand Castles quilt....
 
 
Turned out beautifully!!
 
 
They were giving us a hard time
 
because
 
 Terry and I felt we should be home working...
 
I said I had cows to look after
 
and
 
 look what arrived this morning.....
 
 
Everyone is doing well....despite the cold wind!!

 
TOLD YAH!!!
 
The girls has all kinds of great projects on the go.....
 
Eileen's Flannels from Quilt Patch, Moose Jaw,Sk
 
 
Eileen has her Flock of Feathered Stars organized and ready to go...
 
 
Can't wait to see this quilt!!
 
Angela was working on Magic Squares

 
in Batiks...my favorite!!

 
Terry managed to get some leaves appliqued on....

 

I managed to get the paper pulled off my Mariner's compass..
 
This is a perfect example of why to take pictures during your process...
 
 
Two blue points....Yikes!!

 
after some shuffling I was back on track...

 
Now for some borders....

 
I love the colors...can't go wrong with blue and brown!!

 
This is the paper I found at Staples for paper piecing....

 
2$ for 60 sheets instead of 15$ at the quilt store!!
 
Glad we could spend 2 out of 3 days with the Wednesday Girls!!
Thanks for thinking of us!!
Christa(and Terry)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Mariner's Compass - so happy you saw the '2 blues' before you got too far! Whew! And thanks for the reminder of where to get that nice paper-piecing paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...