Wednesday, March 9, 2016

How Does Your Garden Grow?

With this weather,
It won't be long before it is growing!!!
Calving has been going great.

These twins are loving life and getting plenty of milk!!

Look at those tails swishing...pretty happy calves!!

 I used to watch Netflix while sewing
but
Now I watch cows....It works!!


With our quilt show coming June 18th

I am trying to finish up projects

This was stitched in 2012 when my Grandma had her hip replaced.

She is doing great with the new hip four years later!


With the blocks FINALLY complete...


It was time to quilt it....

YIKES


I always freeze up for this part.

This time I was going to try stencils and a pounce pad to mark my stitching


But white on white didn't work.

Ricky Tim suggested press and seal


I copied the pattern...


and stitched it on.

Loved the concept...


as it gave you a preview of layout and what it will look like


but the marks were left on my quilt...

Not a good method for white on white!!


so I pulled it all out.


Plan C...

Chalk Pencil by Bohin

Easy to see and didn't fade away


I was a little fearful about the pink
but 
it washed out wonderfully!

Arnold and I had fortune cookies yesterday.

Mine was empty.

Arnold's said
 "Getting away for the weekend will help clear your mind"

He ate mine.

I don't think my mind needs clearing but I'll take the weekend away....

Minot Quilt Festival

Here we come!!

Christa










1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a good view of the cows! I think those calves would be very fun to watch. My daughter and I had a conversation not long ago about how movies condense real life (well, fictional life, usually). What would take days, weeks, months, or even years to happen in real life, happens in two hours, which can sometimes make us wonder why our own lives are so slow, or uneventful, or even boring. But I don't think your life could possibly be boring, Christa, with those wonderful cows and calves to watch!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...