Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Whole Lot of Swathing Going On!!

I thought we were a head of schedule this year but looking back on last year we are right on track!!
Everything is ready!! 
I just started reading(listening) to a book called The Tipping Point when I started swathing wheat.
 It was probably a good thing as half way through....the pitman broke. 
Kind of major repair. 
Fixed it 
Started up again...  the knife head broke. 

I got back to the yard and walked around the swather to see the tire fall off and the other one going flat. 

Then the pasture manager called to say a calf died 


I have a pretty strong Tipping  point as I haven't gone over the dead end....yet!!!

Christa  

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a bad day. Sometimes it makes a person wonder why we chose this life, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could retire from farming and go full-time quilting!?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are days!! If I was the 60 million winner in Sask I'ld be quilting and quilting right now!! Any of my friends the winner???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!