Sunday, November 20, 2016

A New Set of Design Boards

I love using my little design boards

I use them to assemble blocks
Then
Take it to the machine and sew 

Here is a really good link on how to make them...


To make your own...

You need some foam boards


Scrap pieces of batting,

A roll of wide ribbon,

A glue gun 



And some basting spray 


Lightly spray your board 
And
Smooth a piece of batting on it 


Trim to size 


I like to do a few at a time
 

Next is to apply the ribbon to the edges

I have use a couple methods

I have sewn it on with my machine 
 

But it's much easier to hot glue the ribbon  on outside edges 
Then
Glue down on the front and back 
 

I would show you HOW to glue it on
BUT
my sewing room looks like a spider
was 
On crack while making her web!!

I could probably get away with committing 
a crime right about now...

No fingerprints left on these tips!!!

I recommend checking out Lori Holt's link

Christa 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...