Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Abilene Cow

I have been hoarding my collection of Eclectic Elements by Jim Holtz 
since
we came home from Houston in November.

Then I saw this cow....


by 
Laura Heine of Fibreworks in Montana

It's great when you are inspired to 'get to a project'!!

I sliced and diced up my FQ's and arranged in color palette


For the backing, I used fusible interfacing with the glue up.

I figured that way I had double the fusion,
 with the wonder under and fusible when pressing it all together


If and when I do this one again....

I would pay more attention to direction of my fabric
 and
 cut it so the lines run the length of my strips


It was all a matter of shading...
(not to say I got it right)


A design wall probably would have been better than a floor...


But before you know it...Old Abilene was coming together


I had a piece of Tim's Wide back leftover which was just the right size


I knew I wanted to try straight line quilting.

Not sure why as 'straight' and I don't belong in the same sentence.


The only thing missing is our brand!!


ABILENE....

in a Speckled Park version!!

Christa 

10 comments:

  1. I really like this! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I bought the pattern at the Creativ Festival West this year. Still overwhelmed by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it! Just one step at a time! Pace yourself and before you know it....you'll wonder why you waited!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I need to do another but better!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!