Sunday, July 9, 2017

Gone to the Lake...

For the day anyway....

 Its a pretty sad situation,
when you are hoping for rain to the point that you will even take a storm!! 

These are the clouds we saw on Wednesday when the tornado hit Alida,Sk!!


We have not had rain for months.

The hay and crops are pretty dismal this year.

Its our saving grace that we have some carryover of hay!


The antelope are loving the fields around here.

Feels like South Dakota Prairie to them I am sure! 


 The heat has been on for the last week.

We got out early and hauled our square bales....


 Then headed to the lake for the day!


 I will be going to the Artist Colony from August 3-8, 2017
at 
Moose Mountain Park, Saskatchewan.

I wanted to visit with the artists that are there right now! 

 Ken Frederickson is one of the resident artists.


 His work just keeps getting better.


He is currently working on some pieces to be entered for the Calgary Stampede trophies


 Calf roping...


 Barrel racing...


 He is working on a little challenge piece on his version of an angel


 Such detail in the feathers...


Peggy Windmill does incredible pencil sketching.


She is looking after Margaret Delainey's cabin till Margaret can return.

Margaret broke her leg and is recovering.

Missed seeing her there!!

Shirley Rumble is the other artist in residence.

This little Miss is 81 years young.


I couldn't believe all the new work she had in her cabin.

So many I wanted to buy!!

I settled on this one...for now!!


I can't wait till it is my week to come!!
Such a great place to be creative!

There will be a Meet the Artists Tea on July 23 from 1-5 in front of the Chalet.

Hope to see everyone there!!

It was a great way to spend a hot day!!
Christa


2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say, Christa, that our quilting doesn't look quite as impressive as these three artists work!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I will be at the bottom of the hill! The people can work their way up to impressive!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...