Thursday, August 31, 2017

Harvest Season 2017

It has been a fun and fast summer....

Mom and I went for a lunch at Maryann's cabin with a bunch of friends 


Treated like royalty....


We were fed like those geese they fatten up for foie gras.....


 Then it was straight into a harvest that is super early and very poor...


The heat has been on all summer and the rain has been non existent...


Even baling straw took no time at all....


 There wasn't much straw so hauling went quick....
 

 We didnt even use the big truck...just the half ton...


 You could lose a leg in the cracks in the field....

The dogs loved the fact that they got to ride INSIDE the cab since the box was full!!


 I had the pleasure of helping the Vandenhurks again with their harvest.


 Got to love playing with a new Claas combine I don't make the payments on! 


 Justin has been running grain cart and trucking for them


 With all the dust and smoke in the air, 
 there has been fabulous sunsets....


 If it has to get dark early at least it's a beautiful sight!! 

 

Amongst all this work,

 I managed to squeeze in time,
 with my sisters and niece from Calgary 


I am missing my sewing machine 
and 
am looking forward to a rest yet it's still August!! 

 Hope your harvest is going well! 

Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...