Saturday, December 8, 2018

Hello Palm Springs

I know... 

I have been a travelling fool lately.

My sisters really wanted me to go on a sisters trip.


They chose Palm Springs. 



I resisted for the longest time but had guilt as I always say no.

So I went.


Arnold's cousins own a house in Sun City Palm Desert
 so 
we rented their fabulous accommodations!!

Thank you, Allen and Cheryl and Greg and Trish!!!!





It even had it's own little casita for Mom and Dad to stay in!!


It was a beautiful place to stay!


The sisters have never gone
 to see where our parents boon dock out
 in The Yuma Proving Grounds



So we took a drive through Quartsite to tour a little of Arizona.


I didn't get a lot of pictures as I drove
 and 
my sisters were irritated every time I asked them to take one.

I keep telling them.... a picture is better than a thousand words!!

Mom gave us directions to find them.

One of them was to turn at the two big guns.

We were thinks GUNS???

Then we came across this.....


Yup.... that is some big guns!!

The Proving Grounds is where they do a lot of training and trials.


After a few mixed messages we found them in the middle of the Desert...

Literally!!


Our friend, Joel also stays out there so it was good to see him also!!


The weather was awesome too!!


On the way back to Palm Springs,
 we went by Yuma and Salton Sea.

There were fields
 of 
Broccoli, cauliflower, beans, artichokes, killer lettuce 
and
 strawberries.


I would love to have done a farm tour.

Maybe next time....


Loved the jacked up New Holland tractors!!

They need the height to get over the plants.


The Desert Sand Dunes were incredible too!!


I can only imagine how dangerous this would be in a wind storm!


It was strange to see hay being grown in such a contrast of landscape.

It was sand everywhere!!


The next day mom and dad came up to Palm Desert to hang out with us.


It has been years since were had spent time with just us as the 'original' family

Don't get me wrong, I love all our entire family 
but
this was like being kids again.

We talked them into playing a game we found at the house.

Cards against Humanity.


It was a good thing there were no kids around as this was adults only!!



We saw dad in a whole new light!
He doesn't like games but I am not sure why not??

He won...he was so good at fooling us!!


He shocked us with his answers to the questions!
We had some crazy good laughs.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story...

Christa














1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great vacation, but just where are the quilt store photos??? ;-) I'd love to see those dunes in person!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...