Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Deer in My Headlights

I have been intrigued with the one block wonder for awhile now.

This technique takes a repeat in a fabric 
and 
stacks it on top of each one 6 times.

Then you cut into 60 degree wedges.



You take those identical wedges and sew them back together.

Is that as clear as mud??

I have seen a few now where they used panels.

I went to my favorite local quilt shop..


in

 Crosby, North Dakota
(we are soooo lucky to have her!!)

This panel was 2$!!!!


I needed 3 panels as I planned on stacking this little stud
to 
make my stack and whack blocks...


And making this one - my main man...


This is my trial version of a stack and whack/ one block wonder.

 For 6$ I have nothing to lose!!
There are 3 possible ways to sew these blocks
 so
 playing around is half the fun

These next two photos are the same stack but different placement!!



Thank goodness for phones so a person can take a pic
 and
 spin them again and see what one you like best









The possibilities are endless....


Next I started to lay them out around this stag!


When I came up with a layout I was good with,

I sewed them together and machine basted the center in.


I will hand applique around the center panel.


I plan to bind it with all the wonky sides.

Stay tuned...

I may get fed up and cut it all off!!
Christa 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...