Sunday, March 8, 2020

An Evening with the Prairie PieceMakers

The Regina Guild, Prairie Piecemakers, 

invited

Terry Whitman to do a trunk show of her amazing quilting

I tagged along to keep her company!

Seriously, this girl should be quilting for the designers

but

despite my push she remains local.

Her quilting is that stunning!


With the help of these two Vannas..

Shelby Love and Tannis Fahlman to hold the quilts up,

The show began!


My pictures can't get the grasp of her quilting 
but
even her quilts are incredible!


This one is a favorite of mine 
as 
it features two of the backings I sell!


Love the movement!



These tea cloths show her fabulous quilting much better!


These were Terry's grandma's tea cloths


Terry wanted to showcase her grandma's embroidery with some of her quilting


I think they accentuate each others skill!


Heirloom pieces for sure!




Tannis Fahlman has a Mystery quilt going in their guild again 

For those of you who don't know her.....

Tannis made this pattern for Jelly Roll Jazz


I loved doing this quilt! 

This is her new Mystery....


In a few versions...



Then it was time for some guild show and tell!

I must apoligize as I didn't get names of the quilters.

One block wonder...


Hunter Star...




Four Patch Posie...


Kalidescope...


with a cool backing....

I always love a surprise!


Doesn't it always seem like after you are done one quilt...


There is always enough to do one or two more.


Some long pillows...


Love the Canada one!










This lady was too fast in showing her bags from some classes
 at 
The Peachtree Quilt Shop


But you can rest assured I found the name of the patterns 
and 
you will see some of these here in the future!

This was one of their new members.

He was showing his second quilt!

Every woman was inpressed with his points and colors.


It was fun to run into a local Torquay girl, Stacey Lowe 
at
the meeting!
She recently moved to Regina 
and
 was surprised that we were also at the meeting!

This is a new row robin starting on Canadian quilter.com

Just click the HERE to down load each row


They are only posted for so long so don't miss out!

It's free!

All in all it was a fun and fast night.

However....

I do need to vent
(after all it's MY blog)

Terry and I stopped at Starbucks on the way home for a drink.

The lot was nearly empty at 9pm.

We parked in one of these spots.


Had never seen these signs before.

Good on Starbucks.

Starbucks wants to start getting new customers at an early age.

It's the new McDonalds.

We considered moving
but
the parking lot was empty and we would be quick.

There was a young couple and baby standing behind their car looking at us.

She asked why we parked there? We wouldn't park in Handicap!

Ordinarily.......I would have walked away.

Not sure if it's because I am fifty now or what...

Things escalated from there.

Terry ran to move the car, 

as I yelled at her to leave it...we will only be a few minutes,

 as this chicko continued to chew me out.
  
Seriously...

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS... people!

It's 9pm...your kids should be home in bed.

Where is the "OLD LADY WTH BAD KNEES' sign???




I walked from 'timbuck two' with little kids.

There was no 'pregnancy' parking.

We survived.

WHY is there such a sense of entitlement in people these days??

Is it just me??

I nearly had to call my friends, Shelby or Bonnie for legal assistance!

I was not backing down!

Still makes me mad.

After an evening with the PIECEMAKERS!
(irony)

I better go quilt something....

I need some therapy.

Christa 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing pictures of those lovely quilts, Christa. It's great to have blogs to follow these stay at home days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...