Thursday, March 28, 2019

2019 Minot Quilt Show

This past weekend was the Minot North Dakota Quilt Show

We always like to go take it in!!


My favorite booth this year was Good Vibrations


She had a lot of Kaffe Fassett fabric
and
 Laura Heine patterns


They had the show in a new venue. 

It was at the Clarion Hotel in steady of the Grand Hotel.


There were alot of mixed reviews on the new venue.


I felt that the room the quilts were displayed in was too dark.


It was black walls, floors and ceilings.


It felt like going into a cave


Despite that, there was alot of quilts and vendors.




The quilting this year was intense!!


Every thing was stippled or quilted so heavily



These checker boards were 1" big!!


as well as these cathedral window stitching!!


It was interesting to see another Autumn Love done in different colors

This was done by Cathy Moorehead Johnson





We just went down for the day this time.

We had a friend save us a table for the trunk show.

I had to laugh when she didn't know Donna's last name!!

It was actually Nixon!!

I think we Marcottes travel in packs!!


They had table gifts for each person....


packaged in cute little packages!!


This years Trunk show was the Man Sewer.

I loved his new exhibit for Costa Rican endangered animals.


He is now working with Micheal Miller Fabrics 


and used Fairy Frost fabrics to make his new creations.


This exhibit has 13 endangered animals in it!


It was a good day with good friends and lots of laughs,

There were so many Canadians there.

It was good to see all our Manitoba friends again!!
Hope Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods!!

Christa

2 comments:

  1. I love the pieces by the man sewer. I always use the word "stitcher" for a quilter as "sewer" is always "soo-er"to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he did a great job on his series for the Costa Rican Endangered Species!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...