Friday, July 31, 2015

A Day of Fabric and Friends


Yesterday I had the honor of helping Tamra
 
 
 choose new lines for her Fall order
 
 


Oh...the possiblities!!
 


 
For a moment I thought I was back at Houston Quilt Market!!

 
 
I know what I like but tried to keep all of my quilty friends tastes in mind.
 
 
Tracey? Colleen?? Any of these??
 



I loved these striped batiks...
 
(and Kate Spain)
 



So that was a super fun morning.....
 
 The afternoon was spent with the Heart and Hand Guild
 

 
One of their members, Irene Roy
 
 is embarking on a new adventure as she moves to Saskatoon in September
 
 
Irene is an incredible quilter
and
 any guild that she joins will only benefit from her wealth of knowledge

 
She has made not ONE but SIX of these scrap apple quilts!!

 
She has dabbled in so many artistic ventures and is amazing at them all

 
At 87 years young,
 we teased her about how 80 is the new 50!!

 
Irene's presence will be missed but not forgotten

 
I know our paths will cross again... quilters travel!!
 
Their guild did a challenge due for the Fall and Irene has already finished her!!
 

 
 
Good tidings on your voyage to a new city.
 
I can only imagine the fun your going to have.
 
Thank you for your influence ~ you make us all want to be better quilters!!
 
Till then...
 
I am off to repair a tractor.... what we quilters won't do to keep our stash up!!
 
Christa
 


2 comments:

  1. You know Colleen and I well! Farewell to our good friend, Irene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...