Sunday, September 27, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Isn't it crazy that you can be laying in bed in San Francisco in the morning...


Home in the afternoon?

Home as in Canada....
Calgary(where I was born so my first home)

It is sad that Calgary no longer has the Tower
 as
 the icon since it no longer stands out downtown!!


Our last shopping in San Fran was at Crate and Barrel.


I was in love with these streamers of fabric running from the 3 floors


All I could think of was what do they do with it when they are done???


Can you imagine the quilts this would make??

Look at the size of the selvages on these....


It was Marimekko from 2011

It was a full 2 inches and the fabric was just sewn on the edge and hung!!

I think I need to make this for my head board

LOVE it!!


This table was made with the cross bars of old telephone poles that the insulators sat on


I am proud to say that all I could afford at Britex totaled to 10.82$ 

That's the cheapest I have ever left a fabric store but I did get some cute stuff
(another post)


While in Calgary, Mom, Aunt Julie and I went to Creative Stitches...


At Spruce Meadows



My favorite booth was A Threaded Needle from Gibsons, BC

They are an online store carrying Japanese fabrics.

I find myself more and more drawn to them.

Like I need ANOTHER love?!?!


The Calgary Modern Quilters had a lot of quilts displayed


I still think it is a better show at the RBC Center as there was not space for classes in rooms


so it was tough to hear your teacher in your own class with all the noise.

Aunt Julie and I took a class called Snip, clip and rip.

You ended up with a piece from 6 other people
 and
 are supposed to take this home and make something

This was my batch...

We were kind of disappointed as we both have a lot of 'this' at home already!!

But we did get to spend some time together.

I hope you are busy making that little outhouse quilt, Aunt Julie!!
Send me some pics!!


With busy lives,
 it seems like we get together much as sisters 
so
 we tried to get some pictures together.

My sisters like to try to get the right pose looking the best you can.

No pose is 'better' in my world. 

It is, what it is!!

 After about 15 minutes, 

Mom's expression said it all!!

Mom(Heather),Larissa, Tannis and Christa 

"My daughters are crazy"

Oh well....It was a fun week!!

Back to the grindstone...

Christa 

Ps.
Isn't this the coolest pic of Muir Woods?
My niece, Michaela took it...such an artist's eye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...