Friday, January 10, 2020

Ice Castles Gone Wrong

I was so excited to make this next quilt.

I usually do a Quiltworx quilt at least once a year.


I do love paper piecing so this is not my first kick at the can!

But as I finished the first diamond sections, 

I realized something was really OFF!!

I put this away as I started it at a retreat a year ago.

This week,

 I thought I had enough brain power left to tackle this PROBLEM



I had already cut all my fabrics so I was locked into it.


Too far gone to turn back now. 


I had read the legend all wrong.

This was alot of my Bali fabrics from our trip.

So I just started turning the fisr wrong blocks 
till
 I thought I had a new game plan.


Each new set of diamonds had to be individual planned out to use what I had cut.


Who knew there were so many possibilities?!?!


In the end, this is what my HUGE center star is going to be.


Now to reorder new Paper piecing papers 
so
 I can do it the right way next time!!

Yeeesh.

Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...