Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weyburn Quilt show

A car load of Marcottes and a Holzer loaded a van and headed to the Crocus Quilt Show in Weyburn,Saskatchewan yesterday.
 First, we were wined and dined with a great feast at Christine and Omer Marcotte's. Omer was kind enough to take care of dish.

Very much appreciated!!!!

Gloria introducing Wayne Kollinger

Then it was off to the show, where over half the quilts in the show were quilted by Terry Whitman.
Terry is still on her vacation but she was up close and personal with 53 of the quilts so technically she only missed half the show!!
We stayed to take in the trunk show which featured Wayne Kollinger and his wife from Calgary, Alberta. Wayne is very technical and has great eye for experimenting with color. His blocks and thoughts were very interesting and amazing all at the same time.
Wayne's Blog is definitely worth a read!!
Today I found some time to sew up a few of the petals to Moda's Garden Party quilt.
Garden Party  Pattern
There is a fair bit of folding and turning involved in this one......like 250 petals!!
At least it was spring-y in my sewing room.

It sure was not outside today!!


And as you can see, there was some pretty heavy traffic in Dawson's bed today!!

Pretty bad when there is thread trailing out of  the dog's bed!!

I even got started on my Crabapple Hill's 'How Does your Garden Grow'!

Please excuse the wrinkles!! I am not using a hoop.
 I will be sure to press for the next update!


Spring must be in the air as I seem to be having a re-occuring theme in my projects this month.
Totally subliminal!!


Here's hoping for some Spring tomorrow!!


Christa 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...